Friday, November 20, 2009

Vow Of Silence


Today, I made paper out of old papers shreaded up and soaked in water. There was also a little University Convention.. I am still concerned about university applications. Quite interesting...

During the book club discussions, my group and I got off topic and began to analise the different ways people say certain words. Apparently, you can tell who were born and raised in Toronto by the way they pronounce Toronto. Torontorians pronounce it To-ron-no. Au Contraire, I've heard about this before on the radio; however, I was born and raised in Toronto and yet, I pronounce Toronto as To-Ron-To... yes, I articulate my words as it was required for vocals. I do believe that the way of determining true "Torontorians" is quite faulty.

'Tis pass 12, I am supposed to be doing the Vow of Silence but I'm too angry at the fact that no one in my neighbourhood wanted to pledge... I mean I've knocked on doors where young adults had a BMW parked outside, clearly they have some change laying around to donate to help build a school in Sierra Leone... what's even worse is his reply was "My parents aren't home yet"... grow the frick up... you can drive a BMW but can't spare some change for a good cause!? My friend and I decided to pick houses with nice cars parked on their driveway; it seemed like a good idea to do so. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. It's disgusting to know that people with so much wealth are so selfish. My area produces the highest amount of income versus other cities; however, we are the least thoughtful people. People in the "poor" places of Toronto donates and contributes to charities way more than people in my area do. What a shame.

I can't even remember what else I wanted to rant about anymore...

I suppose it is time for bed.
Goodnight,
-Joanne

1 comment: