Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Speak of the Devil

So today I checked the mail and got my nail polishes. I placed the order on the 30th of September and got them today, that is some epic fast shipping. As a bonus I also got some New York Times news paper from July LOL.

The colours I got are listed in the post above this one but for those who are lazy I purchased Pamplona Purple, No Spain No Gain and Do You Lilac It? All three are from OPI. The picture below is a comparison of MAC's Love & Friendship from A Rose Romance collection (left/index) and OPI's Do You Lilac It? (right/thumb) I would say that these two colours are quite similar however Love & Friendship is more on the pink side whereas Do You Lilac It? is more on the purple or lilac side. The picture is kinda' horrible so I will try to get a better picture on my camera when the sun is up again. Both of these colours are matte.
The picture below is a comparison of OPI's Pamplona Purple (bottom/thumb) and OPI's No Spain No Gain (top/index). These colours are also pretty similar... No Spain No Gain is more on the red side than Pamplona purple which is more on the purple side. I think that if you were to get these nail polishes, you'd be good getting either one of the two. Honestly, I am hoping it's just my lighting but at the moment I can not tell the difference at first unless I examine the colours closely. Again horrible swatches, but I will try to do a better one. Sorry. Perhaps I should swatch these on blank white paper?
Hope this helped,
-Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment